Carrick – The Blue House, Isle of Eriskay, is a light, spacious and exceptionally comfortable house that sets an inspiring example for sustainable construction and carbon-neutral living in the 21stC, and with stunning views of sea, mountains and wildlife. Accommodation is for up to five (plus infants) in three bedrooms – two doubles and one single. Children are welcome! Well-behaved pets are also welcome!
Accommodation in brief:
See photo-montage below – click on any photo for a slide-show:
- West wing (open plan) : Sitting area with panoramic views; Dining area ; Kitchen
- Cross wing : Lobby ; WC ; Hall ; Utility
- East wing : Shower room ; Two double bedrooms ; One single bedroom
- Other Features ⇓
- Electric heating throughout – electricity included *
- Eco air-conditioning/heat-recovery systems
- Solar PV and Solar Thermal panels provide most of energy consumed.
- Local maps and guides, books, board games etc
- Living room : Freeview Play Digital ‘Smart’ TV/Radio with Soundbar ; Blu-Ray/DVD/CD player ; Extensive digital music collection
- Kitchen : oven, ceramic hob with extractor hood, microwave, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, full complement of small appliances and cookware.
- Utility : washing machine, tumble dryer, freezer
- Shower room : walk-in / wet-room shower ; heated towel rail
- Outside : decking with outdoor seating and tables ; washing line ; fully fenced garden with ample private parking by house
- Free unlimited use of high-speed fibre internet (BT Superfast Broadband) via secure WiFi ;
- Free use of landline phone for calls to UK landlines and mobiles *
- Babies/Toddlers welcome – cot, high chair, baby bath provided free of charge on request – check availability prior to booking
- Bed-linen, towels, cleaning materials etc included
- Wheel-chair accessible throughout, but please call us (01878 700828) to discuss requirements
- Carrick – The Blue House is a no-smoking property.
* See detailed terms and conditions